Monday, July 21, 2008

What we should learn from the Westerners. Compliment.

When I left home and got into the elevator this morning, a Gweipor entered. She's an elegant senior British lady whom I'd never met.

She got out on my floor, which she thought was the G/F.

I told her not to rush.

And she started to praise my tee (A black Galliano with pattern mimicking the Royal Army outfit), from the bottom of her heart.

I said the tee was indeed not too accepted nor appreciated by the mass.

As the dialog went on, she was not a resident of my building, only there to take care of her friend's flat who's currently out of town.

When we parted, we shook hands and I wished her a super day.

This might sound trivial. Yet sometimes it's the trivial thing that matters. It makes each of us feel good - The healthiest state of mind that every book on spirituality emphasizes.

I'm not trying to be biased. Have you ever seen such happened among us Chinese? If so, be generous to let me know.

Update at 16:51 the same day - I got a 2nd compliment regarding my Galliano tee. Again, it's from a She, and another European. According to all spiritual maestros, there's no such thing as coincidence.

No comments: